Goodell Gardens & Homestead is a living collection of valuable plants and historic buildings. Help us maintain them in perpetuity
by following these guidelines:
- Explore our website prior to your visit to see our Program of Events.
- Check our hours of operation.
- Allow at least an hour for your visit.
- Dress for the weather, and wear comfortable shoes. Our tours include exploring the grounds on foot.
- Bring whatever you need to be comfortable.
- Consider bringing water, snacks, or a picnic lunch. Goodell Gardens does not currently have a café or food/drink vending, except during special events. Or, plan to visit one of Edinboro’s many lovely eateries and small businesses.
- Plan to be outdoors:
- Bring a hat/sunglasses and sunscreen, or an umbrella.
- Bring bug spray. Goodell Gardens is an ecosystem that includes insects like bees, mosquitoes, and ticks. Stay on paths and trails, and check for ticks after your visit.
- Bring any mobility devices you may need. Our paths are mostly pea gravel or grass, so most mobility devices will work. Trails are grass, fields, and woodlands so accessibility may vary.
- Parking is free except during some events. Our main visitors lot is gravel, but you may be asked to park on grass, in a field, or at a neighboring business during peak visitation/large events.
- Follow us on social media: @goodellgardensandhomestead on Facebook, @goodellgardens on Instagram
- Become a Member.
You may do the following during your visit:
- Take a self-guided tour of the Gardens & Trails,
- Take photos and videos for non-commercial purposes only,
- Picnic on the grounds (please dispose of waste properly),
- Bring small, handheld digital devices with earphones,
- Bring service animals,
- Bring tripods, monopods, and easels,
- Bring umbrellas,
- Take well-behaved, leashed, vaccinated, and licensed pets on the Trails. Pet owners/handlers are responsible for cleaning up after their pet and for any damage that may be caused by their pet.
Please refrain from the following during your visit:
- Feeding wildlife,
- Running, jogging, or biking in the Gardens,
- Straying from the paths or trails,
- Disobeying posted signage or safety barricades,
- Bringing pets into the formal Gardens or buildings
The following are prohibited at Goodell Gardens:
- Illegal items or substances,
- Climbing trees, picking flowers or plants, foraging,
- Leaving pets in a vehicle or tethered on our site,
- Professional photography without an appointment,
- Weddings, receptions, ceremonies, parties, or other gatherings without a rental agreement,
- Items that are disruptive or could pose a safety concern,
- Items that cause damage to the plant collections, wildlife, or the ecosystem including but not limited to: helium balloons, sky lanterns, plastic confetti, loose glitter, loose artificial flower petals,